An irreverent take on gardening in the Midwest by a frequently disgruntled gardener.

Friday, November 25, 2011

Institutional Landscaping of the Damned, A Continuing Series (Part 2)


I suppose I should give them points for trying, but these are just about the most depressing containers I've ever seen.  I'm not crazy about red geraniums (people have this dreadful tendency to combine them patriotically with those bluish and white petunias around the 4th of July), but this is awful.  It's hard to even blame the smokers for tossing their butts on the ground here.  It hardly affects the aesthetic at all.

It's so tempting to liberate these planters in the dead of night to prevent another atrocity in the spring--plus, those half barrels are really pricy and would look so much nicer in my garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment