An irreverent take on gardening in the Midwest by a frequently disgruntled gardener.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

World's Cutest Dwag


We lost our dog this month--he was older, and had a lengthy history of health problems.  In fact, the autopsy report came back and he was in startlingly bad shape.  Dogs just do not complain, and no matter how bad they feel they find pleasure in walks, ear scratches, and new smells.

I ordered this online in the midst of my worst grief.  Next time I lose a loved one I might need to put my credit cards away for a few weeks.  Ordering a custom engraved memorial rock seemed really essential at the time; now, it seems a bit silly and I can't seem to find the right place in the garden for it.  Plus, I'm kind of worried that over the years my garden might start looking a bit like that Steven King novel that I'm never going to read.  However, I do want to remember him.  I did love having him out with me in the garden or on the porch on nice, not too hot, days.


Here's Mack enjoying the packaging from something else I must have bought online at some point.  You'd never guess from this photo that he had all kinds of plush bedding of his own.




1 comment:

  1. Hi Amanda, I found your blog through Blotanical. I'm sorry to read about the loss of your dog, he looks like a real character.
    When our dogs pass on, we plant trees for them, chosen to suit their personalities. Our rough, tough cattledog, Ben, has a Pepper Tree (Schinus molle) with big, thick branches and very coarse, rough, tough bark. Our miniature poodle, Jess, was a real girly girl, and her tree is a pretty mauve Crepe Myrtle. Whenever I look at these trees, they remind me of our beloved dogs.

    ReplyDelete