An irreverent take on gardening in the Midwest by a frequently disgruntled gardener.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I Am the World's Worst Composter


Yes, this is my compost.  It has weeds growing in it, and the chicken wire is falling down, and it's generally a wretched sight.  Naturally, I put it where it's visible from one entire side of the house all year round, including the living room.  It's also directly underneath the black walnut tree, so even if I happened, purely by accident, to produce compost, it would be poisonous to a long list of plants.  However, last week I got paid and inspired and I started to redo it.  This makes me so happy:


There's more work to be done, but it already looks a lot better, and with covered compost that isn't full of toxic black walnuts I might even be able to use it for something someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment