An irreverent take on gardening in the Midwest by a frequently disgruntled gardener.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

More Garden Envy with Bonus Potting Soil Update


My brother-in-law in Ahmednagar, India used loads of potted plants to create a sort of a screen on his veranda--I love how it looks, and I want to do the same thing outside of my screened porch this summer.  I'm going to put up a bunch of hooks and plant lots of trailing vines and flowers to make it feel open but like we're surrounded with green, and also give us a bit more privacy.  I'm also wondering if I can channel the 70s and learn how to macrame hanging pot holders for my regular indoor plants, so I don't have to buy too many annuals.



As a side note, all of these pots, which seems to be growing beautifully, are planted with regular garden soil, not potting soil.

No comments:

Post a Comment